Here are 5 Characteristics of Clients Who Succeed:
1. They’re ready to ask for and accept help.
This is the biggest factor, hands down. Once you know that you can’t do it yourself (even though you think you “should” be able to), you are way more likely to succeed. Your energy becomes open and you can make use of what works.
2. They put all other “research” on hold.
Everyone seems to fall for the latest books, articles, fads, and recommendations around healing overeating. And yet this usually ends up in less action taken, as you may feel overwhelmed by so much information and trying to decide which program is “best”. Choosing one approach and finding ways to block out the rest for a committed period of time really helps you settle in and stay focused so you can get serious results.
3. They “make room” for something new.
When I first chat with possible clients for complimentary consultations, I can quickly hear when somebody is not going to be able to succeed. I find that if somebody can make time for new practices and some loving downtime for this transformation, it will happen. It’s best if you don’t have a lot of other big projects competing for your emotional and mental energies.
4. They lovingly release their “Inner-Know-It-All”! Most of the women and teens I meet know more than most experts about food and nutrition, even exercise. If knowing all of this stuff solved the problem, we’d all be free! It doesn’t, I’m sad to say. When new clients come in open to receive new information and perspectives they are able to let go of what hasn’t worked and find relief! Let yourself be held and supported..letting in a bit of emotional nourishment and support is often what can turn the tides.
5. They learn to recognize the voices of their “Inner Saboteurs” which can take many guises. Successful clients get really good at listening to their Intuitive Body, a kind of inner-guide that reminds them of what they really want, vs. what they think they “need” to feel better. Differentiating between these voices and beliefs is essential.
Don’t worry if you’re still struggling with any of the above. The really-good-news about everything I mentioned is that with support and a little willingness to let go of what’s not been working, you can shift all of these and move into the energy of success.
Wishing you great success and every blessing,